Now that you have your budget going and a list of all the guests you would love to come celebrate with you.., Let's move on to talking about THEME!
Your wedding at the end of the day is ALL ABOUT celebrating YOU as a couple, and the theme will greatly reflect this!
And so, I created a list of some tips on how to go about deciding on your wedding theme!
1) BRAINSTORM and VISUALIZE the big picture.
- Ask yourselves what kind of theme do you want to go for- FORMAL. SEMI-FORMAL, or INFORMAL?
- Visualize what kind of vibe you both would like that strongly reflects your personality as a couple.
- Also don't lose sight of your passions and add it to your theme!
2) Narrow down level of formality
Once you both have brainstormed and have come to a good compromise on what kind of theme you would like for your wedding, you will have to think about how formal your day will be as this will affect a couple of things down the granular level of preparation, such as- VENUE, DECOR, MENU, ENTERTAINMENT & DRESS CODE.
3) SEASON OF LOVE
Once you pick a date, also factor in what season it lands on- you can capitalize lots of things within the season- colours, flowers and decor.
4) THE TRADITION LIVES ON...
Let's not forget WEDDINGS =FAMILY! With that being said, it's always nice to honour our families through passed on traditions. I know for me, as a Filipino-Hispanic decent, las arras will definitely be at our wedding ceremony!
5) STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF.
Never lose sight of who you are as a couple. You can be steered and pulled into a million directions. Stay strong and proud of who you are as a couple, because at the end of it all the people you surround yourselves with will be there because they love and celebrate with you both!